7/8n2 - 9' Drum Car
SEC-04 7/8n2 - 9' Drum Car
R-T-R (Link & Pin Couplers) $184.95
This is a model of an industrial 2 foot narrow gauge "lubrications car". It is no more than our 9' flat car with a wood cradle added to haul drums of oil, solvent and hydraulic oil to wherever these lubricants may be needed. You will note that there is an extra drum of grease on the end of the car that has to be hauled upright since there is no room for it in the cradle. We have included drip pans for the discharge spigots and somebody even put a spittoon under one on the valves.
This car is typical of the maintenance cars built and used on small industrial narrow gauge railways. Cars like this were in use from the 1870's and are still in use today. There will always be a need for this type of maintenance car on industrial railroads. This car was designed using known railroad practices and construction techniques, rather than following a specific prototype.
1. This car is built up using distressed and weathered hardwoods.
2. The drum car may be ordered with a box car red painted frame or an unpainted weathered wood frame.
3. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
4. All cars come equipped with Sierra Valley 18" diameter metal wheel sets.
5. This car has a complete hand brake system including outside hung brake beams and brake shoes.
6. Details include 4 turned aluminum drums (hollow), 3 drip pans, 1 spittoon and 2 oil cans.
7. Standard couplers on these cars are SEC link and pins.
8. Kadee knuckle couplers (#835) are available for an additional $5.00.
9. Add $10.00 for shipping per order. (Covers up to two cars - UPS ground.)
10. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
11. These cars are 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.