7/8n2 - 9' Flat Car
SEC-01 7/8n2 - 9' FLAT CAR
R-T-R (Link & Pin Couplers) $134.95
Here is a model of probably the most common industrial 2 foot narrow gauge car ever built. The basic 9' flat car was used to build the railroad as well as to haul freight after the railroad was completed and in operation. These little flat cars were also used as a starting point for many other types of freight car conversions. You can never have too many flat cars on your roster.
This flat car is typical of the cars used on small industrial narrow gauge railways. Cars like these could be found in use as early as the 1870's and in some cases are still in use today. This car was designed using known railroad practices and construction techniques, rather than following a specific prototype.
1.The frame and deck of this car are made from distressed and weathered hardwoods.
2. The flat car may be ordered with a box car red painted frame or an unpainted weathered wood frame.
3. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
4. All cars come with Sierra Valley 18" diameter metal wheel sets.
5. Each car has a complete hand brake system including outside hung brake beams and brake shoes.
6. Standard couplers are SEC link and pins.
7. Kadee knuckle couplers (#835) are available for an additional $5.00.
8. Add $10.00 for shipping per order. (Covers up to two cars - UPS ground.)
9. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
10. This car is 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.