7/8n2 - 9' Gondola
SEC-02 7/8n2 - 9' GONDOLA
R-T-R 1 BOARD (Link & Pin Couplers) $154.95
R-T-R 2 BOARD (Link & Pin Couplers) $164.95
R-T-R 3 BOARD (Link & Pin Couplers) $174.95
These are models of 2 foot narrow gauge gondolas that are based on our 9' flat car. Just as a shop crew would do on a real railroad, we simply add sides and ends to flat car bodies to construct these cars. They were used to haul any material that required more containment than a basic flat car could provide. Sand, gravel, ballast and coal are but a few of the items that would be hauled by these little cars. In a pinch they could even be used to haul ore to the mill from your mining operations.
These cars are typical of cars built and used on small industrial narrow gauge railroads. Cars like these could be found operating in the early 1870's and may still be in use today in some parts of the world. These cars were designed using known railroad practices and construction techniques, rather than following a specific prototype.
1. The frame, deck and body of these cars are made from distressed and weathered hardwoods.
2. These gondolas may be ordered with a box car red finish, or unpainted weathered wood finish.
3. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
4. All cars are equipped with Sierra Valley 18" diameter metal wheel sets.
5. These cars have complete hand brake systems including outside hung brake beams and brake shoes.
6. Standard couplers on these cars are SEC link and pins.
7. Kadee knuckle couplers (#835) are available for an additional $5.00.
8. Add $10.00 for shipping per order.(Covers up to two cars - UPS ground.)
9. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
10. These cars are 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.