Munger Mining Caboose
CCE-11' Caboose #M10
R-T-R $225.00 each
This small 11' caboose is based on the #M4 tool car. John Clark of Fall River Productions came up with the original idea and design. He sent me a test cutting of the car, and I built it up with a number of modifications that I felt would distinguish it from the tool car. I decided that this car would have working marker lights and rear lantern. The car has been fitted with a 9 volt battery, and an on/off switch that can be accessed from under the tool box.
This caboose is typical of cars used on small industrial railroads from the 1880's well into the twentieth century. Like all of the cars in the Munger Mining series, this car follows no particular prototype. It does follow the general construction and railroad practices of the era.
1. The car body is assembled from laser cut Basswood and plywood.
2. The sides and ends of the car are stained with weathered caboose red.
3. The roof is covered with simulated tar paper.
4. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
5. The car has working marker and lantern lights that are battery powered.
6. Each car is individually numbered in order of production, or to your numbering requirements.
7. Cars come with S.V.E. 20" metal wheel sets, and Hartford Products sprung pedestals.
8. Cars come equipped with outside wooden brake beams and metal brake shoes.
9. Standard couplers are Hartford Products end sill mounted link & pin.
10. Kadee couplers are available for a $5.00 per car upcharge.
A. They are modified to adapt to the link & pin pockets.
11. Add $10.00 for shipping per car. (U.P.S. ground.)
12. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
13. These cars are 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.