CCE-9' Crane Car #M2
This maintenance crane car is based on the FCE-9' flat car. It is the second maintenance car to be released in a planned four car maintenance train in the "Munger Mining Co." series.
It was the practice of small industrial railroads to purchase a crane or derrick from a machinery/equipment supplier for maintenance and construction work. The crane was usually mounted on a small flat car to make it portable, so it would be suitable for use on the railroads maintenance-of-way program.
This crane car is typical of the light weight maintenance equipment used on small industrial mining and logging railroads. Like the ore car and flat car that preceded it in this series, it represents the general construction and railroad practices of the day rather than a specific prototype.
1. The crane is assembled from an Ozark Miniatures kit and is operational.
2. Details include a 55 gallon drum of grease, tie down chains, two hydraulic jacks, a monkey wrench and a safety lantern.
3. The wood deck boards are distressed and weathered hard wood.
4. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
5. Each car is individually numbered in order of production or to your roster requirements.
6. All cars come with Sierra Valley 20" diameter metal wheel sets and Hartford Products sprung pedestals.
7. Outside hung brake beams and brake shoes are included.
8. Standard couplers are end sill mounted Hartford Products link and pins.
9. Modified Kadee knuckle couplers are available for an additional $5.00 per car.
They are modified to mount into the link and pin drawhead.
10. Add $10.00 for shipping per order. (Covers up to three cars - UPS ground.)
11. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
12. This product is 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
This crane car was reviewed in the following magazines:
"Garden Railways" - May/June, 1996
"Outdoor Railroader" - June/July, 1996
Munger Mining Crane Car