FCE-9' Flat Car #M1
This little nine foot long flat car is based on the same frame as the OCE-9' wooden ore car. It is the first of the maintenance cars to be released in our "Munger Mining Co." series. These maintenance cars are meant to compliment the basic ore cars which are the "revenue cars" of the series.
It was common practice on small industrial mining and logging railroads to convert or "shop build" maintenance-of-way cars. These general purpose, or maintenance cars, were usually based on existing cars that were already in service on the railroad.
These flat cars are typical of the maintenance-of-way equipment used on industrial railroads from the 1870's well into the twentieth century. Like the wooden drop bottom ore cars, these flat cars represent the general construction and railroad practices of the day, rather than a specific prototype.
1. The wood deck boards are distressed and weathered hard wood.
2. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
3. Each car is individually numbered in order of production, or to your roster requirements.
4. All cars come with Sierra Valley 20" diameter metal wheel sets and Hartford Products sprung pedestals.
5. Outside hung brake beams and brake shoes are included.
6. Standard couplers are Hartford Products end sill mounted link and pins.
7. Modified Kadee knuckle couplers are available for an additional $5.00 per car.
They are modified to mount into the link and pin drawhead.
8. Add $10.00 for shipping per order. (Covers up to three flat cars - UPS ground.)
9. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
10. This product is 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
These flat cars were reviewed in the following magazines:
"Garden Railways" - March/April, 1996
"Outdoor Railroader" - April/May, 1996
"Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette" - May/June, 1996
Munger Mining Flat Car