Munger Mining Water Car
WCE-9' Water Car #M3
This water car is based on the FCE-9' flat car. It is the third maintenance car to be released in a planned four car maintenance-of-way train in our "Munger Mining Co." series.
When water was required for maintenance work on small industrial railroads, it was usually provided by adding a metal or wooden tank to an existing flat car. This type of car could also be used as an emergency water supply for a small steam locomotive when water was not readily available on the right-of-way.
This water car is typical of the light weight wooden tank cars used by industrial railroads from the 1870's well into the twentieth century. Like all the cars in this series, this water car follows the general construction and railroad practices of the day, rather than a specific prototype.
1. The water tank is built up using laser cut Basswood and scribed plywood.
2. Details include a discharge valve, a discharge hose and a water bucket.
3. The flat car deck boards are distressed and weathered hard wood.
4. All metal parts are rusted and weathered.
5. Each car is individually numbered in the order it is produced or to your roster requirements.
6. All cars come with Sierra Valley 20" diameter metal wheel sets and Hartford Products sprung pedestals.
7. Outside hung brake beams and brake shoes are included.
8. Standard couplers are Hartford Products end sill mounted link and pins.
9. Modified Kadee knuckle couplers are available for an additional $5.00 per car.
They are modified to mount into the link and pin drawhead.
10. Add $10.00 shipping per order. (Covers up to three cars - UPS ground.)
11. California residents add 7.25% state sales tax.
12. This product is 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
This water car was reviewed in the following magazines.
"Garden Railways" - May/June, 1997
"Finescale Railroader" - April/May, 1997